Friday, October 21, 2022

Stargazer, by Laurie Petrou

Stargazer is a book full of suspense and twists, and I was hooked from the opening chapter. 

From very different worlds, Aurelle and Diana are brought together by trauma, forming an unlikely bond. Their friendship is complex, intense, and unusual. When the girls join university together, you can feel their mutual desire to escape their past and try to forge new identities. 

The main themes running though the book are relationships, lust, loss, wealth, and status. The characters are beautifully crafted and as they developed throughout the book, I found myself wanting to know more about them and what is underneath the surface. The author brilliantly creates a sense of mystery and tension through clever description and characterisation.

Although this book is a slow burner, it kept me on my toes. 

I’d tell you all more, but I don’t want to give away any spoilers! If you like thrilling, suspense filled reads, this book is for you. If you were a fan of Big Little Lies or Little Fires Everywhere, I think you would love this!

- Lauren




Paperback, £9.99. Order now!

No comments:

Post a Comment